The US multinational officially showed the new iPad, now in its ninth iteration, which is distinguished by the presence of the powerful A13 Bionic SoC and a 12MP front camera
Presented today by the Cupertino company, the new iPad it shows a design that does not differ too much from the previous generation, while from a purely computational point of view it mounts the new one SoC A13 Bionic capable of providing performance improvements up to 20% compared to the past. The new tablet of the bitten apple, however, is not limited only to a renewal of its beating heart, but has also undergone changes in terms of of the display, connectivity and photographic sector. A version with Wi-Fi + modem 4G.
iPad 9th generation: technical sheet
The new Apple branded device will be equipped with:
- Display: 10.2 ″ (2160x1620p) LED-backlit Multi ‑ Touch Retina with IPS technology, 264ppi, True Tone, 500nit brightness, fingerprint-proof oleophobic coating and compatibility with Apple Pencil (1st generation);
- CPU: SoC A13 Bionic with 64bit architecture, Neural Engine;
- ROM: 64GB/256GB;
- rear camera: Wide angle from 8MP, diaphragm with aperture ƒ/2.4, digital zoom up to 5x, five-element lens, panorama (up to 43MP), HDR for photos Photo geotagging, automatic image stabilization, burst mode;
- front camera: ultra-wide angle from 12MP and 122 ° angle of view, aperture with aperture ƒ/2.4, HDR for photos, HD (1080p) video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps, Time-lapse video with stabilization, Extended dynamic range for videos up to 30 fps Cinematic video stabilization (1080p and 720p), correction lens, retina flash, automatic image stabilization, continuous shooting mode;
- connectivity: Wi‑Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac; dual band (2,4GHz e 5GHz); HT80 con tecnologia MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2;
- connectivity (version with WWAN modem): UMTS / HSPA / HSPA + / DC ‑ HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz), Gigabit class LTE (bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66), data only, calls over Wi-Fi, eSIM;
- sensors: FaceID, 3-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, barometer, ambient light sensor;
- dimensions: 250,6 x 174,1 x 7,5mm;
- weight: 487g;
- weight (Wi-Fi + WWAN model): 498g;
- colors: Silver and Space Gray;
- YOU: iPad 15;
- Price and availability of 64GB + Wi-fi version: from September 24 a 389€
- Price and availability 64GB version, Wi-Fi + WWAN: from September 24 a 529€
iPad 9th generation: analysis
As we read, the updates made involve the SoC of the device, this time equipped with a A13 Bionic capable of providing Enough computing power for any use, from video editing to spreadsheet processing for example. Apple talks about a performance increase equal to 20% on the GPU side so as to have satisfactory performances even in the execution of videogames of a certain complexity. The internal storage memory will reach up to 256GB and will allow you to store a disproportionate amount of files of different nature before eventually having to resort to services in the Cloud. Compatibility with the Apple Pencil (the first generation) and the Smart Keyboard.
Display and connectivity
The new display with technology True Tone will adjust the color temperature according to the light conditions, for a vision that does not tire the eyes. On the connectivity front, the company has integrated a port on this new device jack da 3,5 mm for connecting wired headsets as well as adding a modem WWAN 4G to offer high-speed web browsing outside the home and support for e.g. Finally, speaking of the photographic sector, the new main lens from 12MP will be able to take advantage of a new feature called Center Stage thanks to which you can keep the shot on the subject during, for example, a video call. The rear camera is from 8MP and will allow to scan documents or take advantage of Augmented Reality. Regarding autonomy, the manufacturer declares up to 10 hours of web browsing on Wi-Fi and up to 9 hours on the cellular data network. The new iPad will be released with the latest operating system on board iPad 15.
What do you think of the new iPad’s Apple? Let us know your opinion below in the comments. Finally, don’t forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com.it to stay up to date on all the news from the tech world!