The South Korean house announced in the last few hours the arrival on the international market of the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G, the third generation of folding smartphones that improve both in terms of build quality and hardware equipment
During Samsung’s Unpacked 2021 event held yesterday, the company showed the next generation of foldable smartphones to the public, namely Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G e Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G. Both have seen a redesign of some critical points present in previous versions, starting with the respective hinges which now show themselves much more solid. The two devices will also be more resistant to falls and scratches thanks to the implementation of the new Armor Aluminium and the new coating for the displays Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G: technical sheet
Samsung’s most “powerful” foldable will be equipped with:
- Display interno: Infinity Flex Display Dynamic AMOLED 2X da 7,6″ QXGA+ (2208 x 1768p), 374ppi, 500nit, refresh rate adattivo fino a 120Hz;
- external display: Dynamic AMOLED 2X 6,2″ HD+ (2268 x 832p), 387ppi, 1000nit, refresh rate adattivo fino a 120Hz;
- CPU: octa-core 5 nm 64-bit (1x 2,84 GHz + 3x 2,4 GHz + 4x 1,8 GHz);
- RAM: 12GB;
- ROM: 256GB/512GB for internal type storage UFS 3.1;
- connectivity: 5G SA / NSA, Sub6, WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, USB-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou, QZSS, 2x nano SIM + eSIM (simultaneous operation for 2 numbers), fingerprint sensor, IPX8;
- camera cover: 10MP, f/2,2, pixel da 1,22μm, FOV 80°;
- camera below the display: 4MP, f/1,8, pixel da 2 μm, FOV 80°;
- rear camera: main from 12MP Dual Pixel AF, OIS, f / 1.8, 1.8 μm pixels, 83 ° FOV + 12MP, f/2,2, pixel da 1,12 μm, FOV 123° + teleobiettivo da 12MP, PDAF, f/2,4, OIS, pixel da 1 μm, FOV 45°;
- battery: 4400mAh divided into 2 modules with support for fast charging via cable and wireless;
- closed size: 67,1 x 158,2 x 14,4mm;
- open size: 128,1 x 158,2 x 6,4 mm;
- weight: 271g;
- YOU: Android 11;
- colors: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, Phantom Silver;
- 12GB RAM / 256GB ROM Version Price: 1849 euro (pre-orders starting fromAugust 11 and availability from August 27);
- 12GB RAM / 256GB ROM Version Price: 1949 euro (pre-orders starting fromAugust 11 and availability from August 27)
Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G: analisi
The new panel mounted on this device sees a number of improvements ranging from one brightness increased by 29% compared to the previous Galaxy Z Fold 2, to the integration of a hidden camera under the display in order to make the huge notch free AMOLED gives 7,6“. Still on the quality of the screen, not only will it be brighter and less energy-intensive thanks to technology Eco, but will be able to offer a refresh rate of up to 120Hz for smoother images when browsing the web or playing video games. It is also more resistant to scratches thanks to the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus and the implementation of an unreleased film in PET elasticized.
For the first time on a folding device there is the support for the S Pen, with which you can draw or take notes on the fly, and the IPX8 certification. The latter ensures a resistance to diving up to 1.5m deep for a maximum of 30 minutes. It is emphasized, however, that both devices will not be resistant to dust, therefore it is strongly not recommended to use it on the beach or in other places at risk. Finally, with regard to the hinges, they have been improved to the point of allowing the smartphone to stand still in place at any opening angle. They are also protected from dust thanks to the Sweeper technology with bristles, now shorter. The resistance tests carried out by the manufacturer guarantee up to 200,000 closures.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: scheda tecnica
Under the body of the most “compact” of the house there are:
- Display interno: Infinity Flex Dynamic AMOLED 2x da 6,7″ (2640 x 1080p), 425ppi, 500nit, refresh rate adattivo fino a 120Hz;
- external display: Super AMOLED da 1,9″ (260 x 512p), 302ppi, 935nit;
- CPU: octa-core 5nm 64-bit (1x 2,84 GHz + 3x 2,4 GHz + 4x 1,8 GHz);
- RAM: 8GB;
- ROM: 128GB / 256GB for UFS 3.1 type internal storage;
- connectivity: 5G SA / NSA, Sub6, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, USB-C, NFC, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, QZSS, 1x nano SIM + eSIM (with 2 numbers working at the same time), fingerprint sensor, IPX8;
- rear camera: main from 12MP, Dual Pixel AF, OIS, f / 1.8, 1.4 μm pixel, FOV 78 ° + ultra large angular 12MP, f/2,2, pixel da 1,12 μm, FOV 123°;
- front camera: 10MP, f/2,4, pixel da 1,22 μm, FOV 80°;
- battery: 3300mAh divided into 2 modules with support for fast charging via cable and wireless;
- closed size: 72,2 x 86,4 x 15,9mm;
- open size: 72,2 x 166 x 6,9mm;
- weight: 183g;
- YOU: Android 11;
- colors: Cream, Green, Lavender, Phantom Black (esclusivi su sito Samsung: Gray, White, Pink);
- 8GB RAM / 128GB ROM version price: 1099 euro (pre-orders starting fromAugust 11 and availability from August 27);
- 8GB RAM / 256GB ROM version price: 1149 euro (pre-orders starting fromAugust 11 and availability from August 27)
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: analisi
The most “economical” of the duo maintains the same qualities of the Galaxy Z Fold 3 while offering much smaller dimensions when “closed”. The shell is made of aluminum Armor which is the most material resistant ever used on a Galaxy smartphone. About the internal display AMOLED gives 6,7“, Was coated with the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus and with the application of a stretch PET film to ensure greater resistance to accidental drops and scratches.
Also in this case its refresh rate can go up to 120Hz. Speaking of hinges, their wear resistance is guaranteed up to 200,000 closures. Regarding the flagship of this device, the external screen is larger than 4 times compared to the previous Galaxy Z Flip 5G. It is indeed a AMOLED gives 1,9” compatible with the new widgets and on which it will be possible to immediately view incoming notifications. You will then be able to access from this screen a Samsung Pay in order to make the payment procedure extremely fast.
What do you think of the new folding smartphones of Samsung? Let us know your opinion below in the comments. Finally, don’t forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com.it to stay up to date on all the news from the tech world!