Netflix has released the trailer for the new Italian reality show Summer Job, also revealing the competitors. Let’s find out what it is
Il December 16th a new all-Italian reality show will debut on Netflix. It’s about Summer Job, a brand new program, available to anyone who subscribes to the platform. The show will be presented by Matilde Giolifamous for her role as Valentina in Futurawho will accompany the contestants and the public for 8 episodes.
What is it about?
The new format will have as protagonists 10 contestantsbetween 18 and 23 years old, revelers and not inclined to work, chosen to spend a memorable vacation on the Riviera Maya, Mexico, immersed in the comfort of a heavenly villa. However, the fun will not last long, just long enough to discover that, in order to continue their dream journey, they will have to learn to do something they have never done before: to work.
After a first day of total relaxation, they will be forced to earn enough money to continue their vacation. Cornered, they will have to come to terms with the harsh reality and learn to get by, carrying out tasks at some local businesses on the coast. All under the control of very strict bosses, ready to supervise and judge their work. The 10 boys will be divided into groups and will be forced to work as waiters, animal shelter assistants, maintenance and gardening workers. What if they refuse? Of course they would stay without salary, they would run the risk of being eliminated and leaving forever the wonderful mexican villa.
The cast of Summer Job
After the release of the trailer, Netflix also revealed to the public who will be the young competitors who will take part in the reality show. Let’s get to know them together:
- Angelica: he is 21 years old and is from Puglia. She likes fashion very much. She likes to stand out from other girls with her strong personality about her.
- Gian Marco: he is 22 years old, is Sardinian and lives in Milan. He just graduated in Fashion Design. His friends call him “Il Baronetto” or “Briatore”. He defines himself as a lover of beauty.
- Lavinia: she is 19 and lives alone in Milan. She finished high school but she took a break to decide what she wants to be when she grows up.
- Marina: She is 20 years old and has Filipino ancestry. She’s been on her gap year for almost two years now. If you were to sum up her life in three words it would be these: aperitifs, travel and parties.
- Matthias: he is 18 years old and comes from Veneto. He graduated from a private college in London. He has never worked.
- Melina: he is 21 years old, he is from Turin but has Brazilian origins. She is a very exuberant girl.
- Pietro: he’s 20 years old. Appearing for him is essential. In particular, he loves his ringlets. For Peter, working and wasting time on things he doesn’t like is “cruel”.
- Pit: he is 21 years old. He loves football, whose competition he appreciates. He has never received a two of spades from a girl.
- Samuel: he is 19 years old and comes from Cuneo. He is the son of the former volleyball player Luigi Mastrangelo. He defines himself as an athlete, but he is also a crypto trader. He doesn’t want to answer to anyone, he prefers to be his own boss.
- Sofia: he is 20 years old and lives in Centocelle, a suburb of Rome. His mother is Peruvian. She doesn’t like rules, she just wants to enjoy the holiday to the fullest.
Summer Job is produced by Banijay Italia, while at the head of the project we find Romina Ronchi. The reality show is directed by Angelo Poli and written by Sonia Soldera, Giovanni Piccione, Marco Cappellini con Marco Matteo, Stefano Martinelli, Gabriella Nocera e Alexander Tassone.
Are you looking for new movies and new TV series to watch? Discover the new Disney+ subscription, the streaming home of Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic and now Star too. Subscribe now to only 8.99 euros per month on this page.