A whisker of (apparent) exclusive niche knocks out cross-platform rivals: here are the latest UK sales figures for video games
We are gathered here again to welcome the coming week with the sales data, directly from the UK (our usual litmus test), for i video games. Before anything else, however, we would like to specify as always that we deal with a specific market: in fact we will only talk about a specific part of the videogame world, that is the world of physical format. The sales figures for digital games, in fact, do not appear in the weekly census of the British body GfK (which GamesIndustry.biz reports) before Friday. Let’s get started, there is a lot to say!
How a game where you pick your nose ended by pure chance
This week’s sales data sample is also one of the latest video games we would have expected. Not that we had any doubts about the quality of WarioWare: Get It Together!, for which we will gladly spend good words in our next review, but it is the context that surprises us. The numbers recorded by Wario in his latest delirium exclusively for Nintendo Switch are lower than those of Miitopia, which debuted in second place last May. However, the niche appeal of a micro-game collection seems to have been enough to beat cross-platform titles!
Everyday Stories – Sales figures for video games
In second place in sales figures, although the gap with the gold medal is small, we have another rookie among the best-selling video games of the week just ended. Let’s talk about Tales of Arise by Bandai Namco, the first of the aforementioned multi-platform titles. The RPG fared well for the publisher (whose track record in terms of Tales’ western localization isn’t exactly idyllic). Consider that the previous Bandai Namco RPG, Scarlet Nexus, finished eighth in June. Arise sales split 58% on PS5, 28% on PS4, 13% on Xbox consoles and the remaining 1% on PC.
Basketball players not to trash – Sales figures for video games
The only game, according to our source, that could theoretically prevent Tales of Arise from taking the lead once digital sales figures are released will be NBA 2K22, which for now ranks third (also in its debut) among the best-selling video games. For the basketball simulator the debut would seem to be slow, compared to the predecessor which sold almost double. Again, however, digital data could change everything. For NBA 2K22, 46% of sales were on PS5, 27% on PS4, 13% on Xbox One, 13% on Xbox One, 10% on Xbox Series X and S, and 2% on Nintendo Switch. .
Sometimes Life Is Weird – Video Game Sales Figures
We have another video game rookie, and in sixth position for our sales figures we find Life is Strange: True Colors. Square Enix’s game has given its best (as per tradition for the publisher) on PlayStation. The numbers speak for themselves: we have an abundant 54% on PS5, closely followed by 28% on PS4. This automatically means that the remaining 18% is “all” for Xbox Series X and Series S. We have three more rookies to talk about, but this involves dealing with positions that you won’t find in the final table: for top ten rookies, then , that’s all.
“Ticket Please” and Other Stories – Video Game Sales Figures
For the “extra” positions of the sales figures, the first of the new video games to miss the top ten is Bus Simulator 21. 65% of sales were on PS4, with the remaining 35% on Xbox One. Turning to the boxers, hit hard (but not too hard) Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions by Koch Media. The game, now twenty-ninth, has sold 58% of its copies on PS4, while the remaining 42% go to Xbox One. As a tail, Videogames laboratory Nintendo only takes 40th place (after a digital debut three months ago) and closes that circle.
The usual sitting room – Sales figures for video games
Before closing this special with a table, here are the remaining positions (of which, however, we do not have specific percentages for decreases or increases) in the top ten. In fourth place we have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The sample from last week (or rather two weeks ago, but we’ll get to that), the Switch format of Minecraft, this time finds himself fifth. This position previously belonged to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, who however loses two places and finishes seventh. Always stable in (respectively) eighth and tenth position we have F1 2021 e Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. Finally, the previous bronze collapses to ninth place, Grand Theft Auto V.
Let’s clarify, for those who had just tuned in to our specials of the beginning of the week for the sales figures of video games, what we meant in the last paragraph. In table below you will find two reference columns. The one in the center contains the positions of last week, which we report today. The column on the left, on the other hand, shows the placements of two weeks ago, which we collected in the previous episode. Hoping to have dispelled all doubts, we leave you to read!
|Placements from two weeks ago||Top ten positions for the week just ended||Title concerned|
|New arrival||1||WarioWare: Get It Together!|
|New arrival||2||Tales of Arise|
|New arrival||3||NBA 2K22|
|2||4||Mario Kart 8 Deluxe|
|1||5||Minecraft (formato Nintendo Switch)|
|New arrival||6||Life is Strange: True Colors|
|5||7||Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
|3||9||Grand Theft Auto V|
|10||10||Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury|
Now it’s up to you to tell us yours: what do you think of these results? Let us know below, and as always don’t forget to stay on TechGameWorld.com for all the most important news for gamers and more. For your purely gaming needs, you can instead find the best discounts in digital format on Instant Gaming.