Konami formalizes the evolution of the well-known football simulation video game franchise PES, which changes its name to eFootball and becomes free to play
The official announcement of the next release of Konami arrives today eFootball, the new football simulation video game developed by the creators of PES and Winning Eleven. The title, which was made using the Unreal Engine, will be available in free to play. Its release is scheduled for next fall and it has been stated that it will be possible to play it via PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and PC. At a later date, versions for iOS and Android will also be made available.
eFootball: here are the details of the successor of PES
eFootball does not intend to be limited to being a spiritual follow-up to the PES franchise, but aims to represent aevolution in the field of video games on football. Thanks to the use of technology called “Motion Matching”, the developers of the title have converted the vast range of movements that players perform on the pitch into animations, guaranteeing a number of animations four times higher than in the past, reaching a level of realism never seen before. The game also intends to leverage its digital-only nature to deliver after launching in the fall new content Local matches with FC Barcelona, Juventus, FC Bayern, Manchester United and many other clubs will be available from launch day.
As already mentioned, eFootball will be free to play on all consoles. The title also aims to offer the same gaming experience on all platforms for which it is compatible. Finally, eFootball will also offer full post-launch support to the cross play. More details on gameplay and online modes will be revealed in late August.
Below, we publish the official roadmap of the game:
- Game publication
- Matchmaking cross generation (PlayStation 5 vs. PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S vs. Xbox One)
- Local match with FC Barcelona, Juventus, FC Bayern, Manchester United and other clubs
- Matchmaking cross platform tra console e PC (PlayStation 5 vs. Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 vs. PC, ecc)
- Team Building mode (Name to be confirmed) available – build your team by purchasing players
- Online Championships (Name to be confirmed) available – take to the field with your team to compete globally
- Match Pass System – Earn items and players by playing eFootball ™
- Added support for mobile controllers
- Full cross platform matchmaking between all available platforms, including mobile devices when used with a compatible controller.
- I start professional and amateur eSports tournaments
Are you passionate about sports titles? Read this article to find out when the first FIFA 22 gameplay video will be released. Keep following us on TechGameWorld.com to stay up to date on news regarding the best upcoming video games. If, on the other hand, you are interested in buying a title, we suggest you take a look at the vast Instant Gaming catalog.